Greenville Humane Society is 1 of 64 clinics in the nation chosen by PetSmart Charities to receive highly-competitive spay/neuter grants due to our volume and quality of service.
As the oldest clinic in the community, having been in operation for over 30 years, we keep our cost to you as low as possible while providing excellent service and care for your pets.
Spay/Neuter Clinic Hours
Monday – Friday (by appointment)
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Surgery Drop-off Hours: 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Surgery Pick-Up Hours: 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
9 AM is REQUIRED surgery drop-off time. All surgical patients are briefly examined by a vet, weighed, and pre-medicated before surgery begins at 9 AM. We cannot accept late spay/neuter arrivals (after 9 AM) because it takes staff away from monitoring patients that are already anesthetized. Late pets will be rescheduled for surgery as soon as possible.
Spay/Neuter Surgery Prices as of 1/1/2019
|Puppy (Over 2 lb. & 8-16 wks.)||$64||$54|
|Dog (Under 25 lb. & over 16 wks.)||$74||$64|
|Dog (25 – 75 lb.)||$89||$69|
|Dog (75 lb. or more)||$109||$89|
|CATS/ KITTENS (Over 2 lb. & over 8 wks.)||Price|
|For all animals not owned by the Greenville Humane Society, there will be a $20 nightly fee if the animal boards overnight either before or after surgery. We do not board overnight on Fridays.|
Please note that a fee ranging from $10 – $20 will be charged for any condition which extends the length of a spay/neuter.
Surgery Add-on Services (Note: no additions after patient drop-off)
Surgery Appointment Day
TO MAKE YOUR PET’S SURGERY APPOINTMENT AS EASY AS POSSIBLE:
- Animals must be current on:
- Rabies (for animals 12 weeks of age & older)
- Distemper (DA2PPV/FVRCP)
- If your pet is not up-to-date, we can administer these vaccines during your surgery appointment. Click here for our low-cost vaccine prices.
- Provide a copy of your current vaccine records. If you cannot provide proof of Rabies & Distemper vaccines, they will be administered at the time of surgery for $9 each. Note: a vaccine tag is not sufficient proof of current vaccines.
- ALL Dobermans with uncropped ears will have a $20 Buccal Mucosal Bleeding Time (BMBT) test performed before surgery to assess for any inherited bleeding problems that could cause severe hemorrhage and death if not tested for.
- Print, complete, and bring 1 copy of the Surgery Release Form
- Print, complete, and bring 1 copy of the Patient History Form
- For pets 6 years & older: Print, complete, and bring 1 copy of the Surgery Waiver Form
- Read post-surgery instructions.
- 9 AM is REQUIRED SURGERY DROP OFF TIME: All surgical patients are briefly examined by a vet, weighed, and pre-medicated before surgery begins at 9 AM. We cannot accept late spay/neuter arrivals (after 9 AM) due to the fact that it takes staff away from monitoring patients that are already anesthetized. Late pets will be rescheduled for surgery as soon as possible according to openings on the Spay/Neuter Clinic surgery calendar.