You must be 18 years or older to adopt.
We like to learn about you and your home situation to get an idea of which pet might be a good fit for your lifestyle. You’ll need to fill out a preliminary Adoption Application in order to proceed with the adoption process. Please print it, fill it out, and bring it to the Humane Society when you visit!
Once you’ve filled out your application, we invite you to come visit with our adoptable pets at our Adoption Center. All adoptions are performed on a first-come, first-interviewed basis. We will not schedule reservations for specific animals or place any animal on hold.
Safety is our top priority, so our in-person visitation process looks a little bit different right now.
- Our Adoption Center to a limited number of walk-ins per one-hour time slot.
- Once we are at capacity, walk-in customers will be placed onto a waitlist and given a time to return for their reservation.
- Customers who are placed onto the waitlist will be required to wait for their reservation time either in their car or off-site.
- Once a set number of reservations have been made for that particular day, all other interested adopters will be asked to come back a different day.
Thanks so much for bearing with us as we work to keep our Adoption Center clean, safe, and socially distanced!
Current Adoption Center Safety Protocols
Please be prepared to respect the following guidelines during your visit:
- Only 2 people may enter the building together at a time.
- Customers are required to wear a mask for all appointments and services.
- Please maintain a safe distance of 6ft from other customers and staff.
After you meet a pet you adore, we encourage you to spend at least 15 – 30 minutes with him/her in one of our bonding rooms. During your time in the bonding room, one of our Adoption Counselors will answer any questions you have about the animal or the adoption process.
By now, the cutie you’ve had your eye on has surely won you over. Once you’re ready to move forward, an Adoption Counselor will walk you through the additional adoption paperwork, which includes the Adoption Contract and the animal’s medical paperwork.
The official adoption process might be over, but your pet’s new life has just begun! We do have a few important requirements to make sure your pet is safe and healthy after being adopted:
- All animals are required to leave our facility on a collar and leash or in a carrier. If you have these items already, you can bring them with you. You can also purchase them at our retail center during the adoption.
- You are required to purchase at least one dose of flea/tick/heartworm preventative for puppies/dogs and are encouraged to get your new pet microchipped.
- You are required to take your adopted animal to visit a licensed veterinarian within 15 days of adopting.
And of course, be sure to take our short post-adoption survey to let us know how we did.