How old do I have to be to volunteer?
- To volunteer at the Greenville Humane Society you must be at least 15 years of age or older.
- Underage? Volunteer hours offered for alternate areas of service:
How many hours must I volunteer?
- We ask that all potential volunteers agree to commit to volunteering at our facility for 2 hours per week for at least 6 months.
- We welcome volunteers who need to fulfill volunteer hours for schools or clubs.
- We do not fulfill court-ordered or pre-trial intervention community service hours.
When can I start volunteering?
- First, you must complete an online volunteer application. After your application has been submitted, you’ll receive two emails –one automatic confirmation that your application has been received, and one from the Volunteer Coordinator after your application has been reviewed (2-5 business days after submission). If your application is approved, you will receive an invitation to register for an orientation session. You will have 60 days to do so before your volunteer application expires. After you register for an orientation session, you will receive an email confirmation from the Volunteer Coordinator with further details about the session.
How will I be alerted to GHS closing and other reasons, which might impact my volunteer shift?
- Closing resulting from hazardous weather conditions: If the Greenville Humane Society closes or opens late due to hazardous weather conditions this will be posted on WYFF News 4, and will be posted on the Greenville Humane Society’s Facebook page and website.
I missed my assigned shift and/or need to change my volunteer schedule. What do I do?
- If your schedule has changed and you wish to move to a different volunteer shift, please email the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please understand that we cannot meet all requests.