2016 Year in Review
- Adoptions – Adopted 6,405 pets into forever homes (10% increase over 2015), and set a historical record for most adoptions in one month: 656 adoptions in December 2016. Average return rate is only 5% which makes the Greenville Humane Society the largest no kill facility in the Southeast just behind Atlanta.
- Admissions – In 2016, 43% of Greenville Humane Society animals were owner surrenders and 57% were transferred from other animal shelters. We now partner with 34 high euthanasia shelters in four states to pull animals. By doing so, we are helping to lower the euthanasia rates in the entire Upstate.
- Spay/Neuter Surgeries — 13,920 surgeries in 2016. This is a 12% increase over 2015. 9,009 of these were public surgeries.
- Vaccine Clinic: 50,172 vaccines were administered at the Greenville Humane Society – a 107% increase over the previous year.
- Volunteer Program — 39,893 total volunteer hours donated in 2016. On average, 348 active volunteers each month.
- Community Outreach — 43,992 individuals reached this year; over 118 schools, community centers, retirement/nursing homes and hospitals visited.
- Greenville Humane Society Website: 606,054 visitors in 2016 – a 23% increase over 2015. Of these visitors, 43% were new.